Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Slide Rock State Park

These harmless 8" lizards scurry about everywhere we hike. Finally, one stopped long enough for me to get a photo.

This park reminded both of us of "Kent Falls" in Connecticut, but with a lot of red rocks added.

There were quite a few people here for a midweek, 65 degree day (water temp. 52 degrees). I bet it's fun to slide down the red rocks on a hot summer day, but I'm not putting anything more than my big toe in the water at 52 degrees. This is definitely a unique place with a fascinating history, but don't come here for the solitude; I'm sure it's packed in the hot weather.

Unsupervised swimming, red rock vistas and crystal clear water make this park a special place.

Unusual trunk of an Alligator Juniper

No comments:

Post a Comment